Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

DAY #3

My Relationship With My Parents

Well...to start off I would have to say that my relationship with my parents is good....Now for more details. :)

MOM: Growing up had it's rough patches with my mother. I was never a rebellious child, but I did have a mouth on me when it came to talking back to my mom.
In my defense...I figured if my mom was wrong I had the obligation to tell her...regardless of whether I really should or not.
We got into plenty of arguments that always ended with me getting my mouth washed out with soap when I was young, to being grounded when I was older...all because I felt like I had to have the last word.

After leaving home and going to college, I realized that it doesn't really matter who is right or who is wrong and knew that we would always see some things differently.
Therefore...I apoligized for my actions to my mother, and that's that.

Since then we have had great times talking about what I would do when raising my children that have ended in lots of laughter on my mom's part...in theory I still think they might work.  ;)

My mom has always been a great example of someone who will help when needed and be a support during hard times. I have learned a lot of important things from my mom, like the importance of visiting teaching, being on time, approaching situations with kindness and patience. All of these things have been a great benefit and continue to be in my life.


DAD: I have to admit...growing up...I was a daddy's girl. I wanted to do everything my dad did and be just like him. I did follow in his footsteps in a number of things.
Some of my best memories were when we would wake up at 6 in the morning and go running. It was usually cold and very early, but I loved it cause it was my time that I had with my dad that no one else could come and butt into. Mainly cause I was the only one willing to wake up to exercise. :) But I'll take it. During those runs I could talk about anything.

One of the best things about my dad is his ability to listen when you just need to vent and give advice when it is necessary and you're ready to hear it. He seems to have a sense about when something isn't quite right and you needed to talk.
I loved that we had PPI's on Fast Sunday's. We knew that he was going to ask us how we were doing and this was my time to express myself about whatever I felt was on my mind.  Love that.

I have been very privledged to have been coached in sports by my father. He always set such a great example for me about teamwork, leadership, honesty, and hard work.
I later was able to coach with him and continued to learn life lessons from his example and ability to relate. I love that he has a testimony of the gospel and can institute that into daily living. I am so glad that I was able to learn from him.

He is always supportive too. Whether he agrees or not, he realizes it's my decision and will help wherever he can. I remember when I decided to go into Recreation Leadership in college. He was one of the very few that was excited for me and gave me encouragement. I will continue to appreciate and take his unconditional love he has for me and now my children.


In short...I have amazing parents that although they aren't perfect, they still set an amazing example for me and my children and allow us the opportunity to spend time with them. I'm looking forward to raising my family and hope that Cameron and I can be half the parents that mine were to me.

Love you guys!!!!!



No comments: